- Top will consist of a clean CJJ T-shirt, or any T-shirt, Under Armor type shirt/rash guard, or gi top with earned belt from another martial arts school.
- Bottom will consist of clean flexible shorts, workout pants, or martial arts gi pants.
- Bare feet, wrestling shoes, Karate type shoes, or special socks with tread if they are NOT too slippery on mat. (If shoes are worn, they must be designed for mats, they must be clean and NOT worn outside, in other words, your shoes are ONLY worn on the mat with NO dirt, NO grime, NO grease, etc. on the bottoms!!!)
- Personal Protection: mouth piece/guard is REQUIRED for S.P.A.R. Class, support sports bras are recommended for female students. Groin and ear protection is optional.
- NO JEWELRY: earrings, nose rings, chains, piercings, bracelets, watches, protrusive hair items, etc.
RULES, CONDUCT, and ETIQUETTE:
- CJJ is your training center, pick up after yourself and respect it and one another!
- Keep your valuables and weapons in another location. (CJJ is NOT responsible for the loss of any of your personal items.)
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Pride, ego, and bad attitudes are to be left outside.
- If your intentions are to use what you are learning for evil/wrong, please leave, and I hope you have a change of heart.
- Never speak badly of others.
- Never put others down.
- Never intentionally hurt others.
- Tap out early, be aware of your partner’s tap out, and verbally tap out as well.
- Let your partner know of any physical conditions or limitations you may have, such as a previous injury, etc.
- ALL NAILS MUST BE SHORT AND TRIMMED, HANDS AND FEET!
- ALL CUTS, OPEN WOUNDS, AND WARTS (HANDS, FEET, AND ANY EXPOSED AREA) MUST BE COVERED/BANDAGED BEFORE TRAINING STARTS!
- IF YOU GET CUT OR ARE BLEEDING DURING TRAINING, YOU WILL STOP IMMEDIATELY, NOTIFY THE INSTRUCTOR SO THAT ANY BLOOD ON THE MAT GETS CLEANED UP AND DISINFECTED, YOU WILL CLEAN YOUR CUT OR WOUND, AND COVER/BANDAGE THE WOUND OR CUT BEFORE RETURNING TO THE MAT. IF THE BLEEDING IS EXCESSIVE, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK ON THE MAT.
- If you are injured, do NOT train!
- If you get injured during training, STOP IMMEDIATELY and NOTIFY the instructor.
- NO rough housing or horseplay.
- Pay attention and raise your hand if you have a question or applicable comment.
- Do NOT spit on the floor!
- NO food, gum, candy, glass containers, or open drinks allowed.
- Water or sports drinks are allowed, but MUST be in a sealed NON-glass container off of the mat area.
- Be aware of your personal hygiene.